The latest patch of the game Ascent: Infinite Realm, added a number of new features and improvements. Among these, we have found a good number of bugs that have been fixed. This list is a summary of some of the most important fixes we have found.
The Ascent has been out for less than a month and already a few players are noticing a troubling part of the game: the lack of content. That’s right, Atrox is a pretty one-sided game when it comes to the number of things to do. While many players are enjoying the game’s new progression system, they are also frustrated by the lack of content.
A bugfix update has been deployed to servers. A few fixes have been deployed, specifically those listed in the patch notes.. Read more about the ascent patch reddit and let us know what you think.
The August 6 Update for The Ascent is now available on Steam, including the inclusion of a mechanism to avoid save file corruption, as well as speed enhancements and other features. It will also be available “shortly” on Xbox and the Windows Store, addressing the ray tracing issue that has plagued the latter since launch.
Aside from the faulty ray tracing, the Windows 10 version of The Ascent also lacked DLSS support. The patch notes for the August 6 Update don’t mention the feature, but there are lots of other repairs and enhancements in store for gamers.
According to the complete patch notes provided by the developer, the following was included in The Ascent’s August 6 update:
Performance (PC Steam & Win10 only)
- Fixes to enhance DX12 performance, including Ray Tracing.
- Players should be aware that when the update initially runs, there will be a 20-25 second ‘stall’ on loading to the Main Menu to enable some caching to take place before you start. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Ray Tracing is now available on the Windows Store for players.
- NPC loading has been improved.
- For low-end PCs, there’s a CPU performance mode.
Continuity (all platforms)
- Numerous instances of ‘one time’ crashes have been fixed in both Single Player & Coop on ALL Platforms. (some other instances remain, we are working hard to resolve these for the next update).
- On some menus, Local Coop resolves controller focus problems between Player 1 and Player 2.
- Improvements for disconnected controllers, problems when 3 Players start a new game, and fixes when the internet connection becomes shaky have all been addressed to enhance the reliability of both local and online Coop.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen might occur at the conclusion of Mission 12 in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where returning to the Main Menu after gaming took too long at times.
- Fixed an issue where the Client entering the game after the Host has used the Taxi takes longer to load the area.
- In Online Coop, we’ve fixed several weapon replication problems.
- Clients were having difficulty connecting to the Host due to cross-platform hotjoining concerns.
Save your progress (all platforms)
- A new mechanism was introduced to avoid instances where save files might get corrupted.
- Fixes a bug in Coop that caused the Client to lose progress if the Host left the game.
- Fixes for instances in Coop where players may encounter advancement stumbling blocks.
- After a Host disconnects, a Client’s items will no longer be unequipped.
- Fixed an issue where a client’s connection may be lost while hotjoining a game that was already in progress.
Playing the game (all platforms)
- Fixed a bug where you may unlock Main Mission and Side Mission under the wrong circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the mission goal in Mission 2’s ‘Go To Grinder’ didn’t update.
- The problem with numerous bosses spawning has been resolved. Papa Feral, Megarachnoid (Spider Boss), and Gun-Dolph, for example.
- The Casino Courier Side Missions 1 – 5 were fixed to prevent you from progressing owing to missing NPCs.
- The unique camera for the ‘Dark Horse’ side mission has been fixed.
- In Stimtown, the custom camera for Bartender has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Dark Horse’ would sometimes fail to finish owing to the NPC staying scared.
- Fixed an issue where the Volatile Augmentation had no impact when used on neutrals.
- The Siege Mech in the Prison could no longer despawn once a Player died.
- The Snooze Dealer’s Journal map symbol was a white square due to a bug.
- Damage scaling on the Pocket Mech minigun has been fixed, allowing it to become more powerful as you level up.
- Allows certain augmentations to be used while rolling.
- Life Transfer, Neutron Beam, and Overclock have a balanced cost/cooldown/efficiency.
- Issues with PLUG Cyberdeck not breaking ICE 1 have been resolved.
Adaptation (all platforms)
- There have been a number of updates to address situations when English was shown instead of the proper language.
- More effort is being done to enhance the quality of the translations and to address general bugs.
- In the Japanese opening cut-scene, there was a problem with text overlapping.
Various other fixes (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue in Dreamworld where gunshot SFX could be heard even when no opponents were present.
- Fixed an issue where the death-screen replaced the SFX & VO after defeating the Megarachnoid.
- In the Journal, you may see the Cyberdeck.
- In the Taxi, the news is currently playing.
- The Graphics menu now has a Film Grain toggle.
- Clients may now get access to the Dismemberer firing SFX that was previously unavailable.
- In Vendors, the Auto Turret and Pocket Mech previews have been fixed.
- The collision box for Cluster 13’s Metrolink entrances has been fixed.
- Fixes to the user interface.
The Ascent is currently available on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Follow us on Twitter, watch our videos on YouTube, like us on Facebook, and join us on Discord to stay up to speed on the newest PC gaming news.
There’s a lot to love in the latest [August 6] update for Ascent: The Tower, and I’ve been playing around with it for the last few days. But I’ve noticed a few things that I find frustrating, and with a little help from Ascent’s community, I hope to help improve things. So here are some of the things we’ve noticed:. Read more about the ascent discord and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- the ascent patch reddit
- the ascent patch xbox
- the ascent steam
- the ascent ray tracing
- the ascent release date